Diabetes makes its own adjustments in the preparation of the diet of patients. The peculiarity of this disease involves a low-carb diet and a complete rejection of sweet and fatty foods.
The menu for diabetes should contain the maximum amount of protein and a minimum of fat and carbohydrates. This approach to nutrition will keep the sugar normal.
Is it possible to eat beans in type 2 diabetes and type 1 diabetes? Diabetes beans are considered one of the best foods. Legumes with type 1 and type 2 diabetes make it possible to diversify the menu, making it tasty and healthy.
To find out if there is beans in diabetes mellitus, you need to find out the pros and cons of this product. This legume is deservedly among the ten best health products and is very popular in the culinary world.
Legumes with diabetes are shown due to its unique chemical composition. They contain not only a high content of the mineral-vitamin complex, but also a high nutritional value (dietary fiber, monosaccharides, ash and starch).
Beans contain the following beneficial ingredients:
- vitamins of group E, PP, B, riboflavin, carotene and thiamine;
- mineral substances: copper, phosphorus, sodium, sulfur, zinc and others;
- protein. It is as much in beans as in meat;
- amino acids and organic acids;
- antioxidants and fructose.
By the way, it contains the greatest amount of copper and zinc among other vegetable crops. And the composition of amino acids corresponds to the composition of insulin. All this makes beans an indispensable product in a diabetic diet.
Beans have such useful qualities as:
- beans reduce blood sugar. And this is the main problem with sugar disease. Proper combination of bean dishes and drug treatment will allow you to cope with the disease and in the future even refuse drugs;
- the fiber in the beans does not allow sharp drops in the values of sugar;
- improvement of metabolic processes due to the high protein content. This is important because diabetic metabolism is impaired, and many patients are overweight;
- prevention in cardiovascular pathologies. It is known that diabetics are more susceptible to heart attacks and strokes;
- increase immunity. Since, against the background of diabetes, any disease is severe, it is very important to eat foods that increase the body's resistance;
- zinc "prompts" the pancreas to synthesize insulin;
- arginine (amino acid) and globulin (protein) well "clean" the pancreas;
- ability to strengthen the body as a whole.
In diabetes, it is very important to take into account the glycemic index of foods, which determines how quickly one or another of them is converted into glucose. The lower the index value, the better for the diabetic.
The glycemic index of different types of beans is:
- white - 40;
- black - 31-35;
- red - 35;
- pod - 15.
In general, the glycemic index of legumes is quite low. It is worth noting that the glycemic index of canned beans is quite high - 74 units, so it’s better not to include it in the menu.
But the glycemic index of boiled beans makes it possible to include it in the diet. Thus, the diet of diabetics can and should include all types of beans. This not only normalizes the metabolic processes, but also strengthens the health of the patient.
Possessing all the listed beneficial components and properties, this variety is distinguished by its high antibacterial effect.
White beans "launches" cellular regeneration (update). Thanks to this, wounds, ulcers and cuts heal quickly.
This variety - the leader in the content of a balanced content of lysine and arginine - useful amino acids. In addition, the white variety perfectly regulates the composition of the blood, normalizes vascular and cardiac pathologies, and in fact they give complications to the kidneys, heart, eyes and other organs.
This variety has a black and purple color due to antioxidants - flavonoids, special compounds that restore damaged cells and remove toxins from the body.
100 g of such beans contain more than 20% protein and high fiber content. This makes black beans an indispensable source of amino acids.
The difference between black beans and other types of beans is the ability to increase immunity, and therefore help the body to resist infections and viruses.
The presence of easily digestible fiber in black beans does not allow cholesterol to accumulate in the vessels and normalizes blood sugar levels. Thanks to these qualities, they are often included in the diabetic menu.
Having a similar unique composition, the red variety (another name is kidney) differs in that it perfectly regulates the sugar indices.
Kidney leads on the composition of vitamin B6, indispensable for strengthening the immune system.
The kidney more than other legumes potassium, zinc and calcium. And now about this question: “Red beans and type 2 diabetes - can it be eaten or not?”
Need to! Kidney has a beneficial effect on the bowels and improves metabolism and the production of gastric juice. This variety has a brownish red color. Recipes from the kidney can be found in the kitchens of many countries.
Another kind of legumes. Recommended for use in both types of diabetes.
String beans - an excellent antioxidant. It has the ability to most effectively cleanse the body of toxins.
The positive effect even with a single use of a dish of this bean is long enough. Therefore, they should be eaten twice a week, no more. String beans are low in calories (31 Kcal) and are indicated for type 1 diabetes, because there is a small amount of carbohydrates and quite a lot of fiber.
Usually, in bean dishes, the shell is thrown away. With diabetic nutrition, this is not worth it. "Byproduct" has found wide application in the treatment of sugar disease, both traditional and traditional medicine.
Bean leaves contain the necessary acids for human health: arginine and tryptophan, lysine and tyrosine. Without them, protein synthesis, normal cell growth and the formation of hormones are impossible.
Bean valves contain unique substances such as kaempferol and quercetin, which promote the elasticity of blood vessels. And glucokinin (insulin-like element) helps to quickly absorb glucose and remove it from the body.
Due to the high protein concentration in the bean sash, their use in diabetes type 1 and 2 saves from extra pounds, because even a small portion is enough for a feeling of satiety.
This product helps to diversify the diabetic table. Dishes are made from both beans and pods.
You can eat beans with diabetes as a separate dish, and can be combined with meat and vegetables. It is important that the potatoes and carrots in these dishes be the minimum amount.
Nutritionists advise to eat beans for lunch or dinner. If you use it three times a week, then the total amount should not exceed 150-200 g. The best way to cook legumes is boiled, stewed or cooked in the oven.
- white beans - 400 g;
- cauliflower - 250 g;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 onion (small);
- greens (dried or fresh);
- 1 egg (boiled);
- pour beans with running water and leave for 6-9 hours;
- Pour out old water. Pour a new portion of water and start cooking (at least 1.5 hours);
- finely chop the onion and garlic. Stew in a saucepan, adding a full glass of water, until cooked;
- combine boiled beans and vegetables. Mix;
- crush the resulting mass with a blender or grind;
- Put it in the pot again and add herbs, vegetable broth and salt. If necessary, top up with boiled water;
- Before serving, decorate the finished dish with a beautifully chopped boiled egg.
Such soup cooked in water makes the dish low-calorie, which is very important for type 2 diabetes.
- bean pods - 15-250 g;
- champignons (fresh) - 100 g;
- soy sauce - 1 tsp;
- pepper and salt;
- sesame (seeds) - 1, 5 tbsp.
- pods and mushrooms, wash and cut into small pieces;
- pods shift into a colander and pour boiling water;
- Fry mushrooms and pods for 3 minutes. in vegetable oil (1 tablespoon) Add sauce and pepper to them. We salt.
- fry until ready;
- Sprinkle with sesame.
Contraindications to the use
Although beans and endowed with a mass of useful qualities, it has some limitations in use:
- bean allergy;
- pregnancy diagnosed with diabetes (lactation).
It is important to know that eating raw beans cannot be eaten, as they contain the dangerous substance phasin, which can cause poisoning.
Is it possible to eat beans in type 2 diabetes, we found out, and how to properly and tasty cook it, see the video:
Nutritionists advise that in case of sugar disease, every week, make a variety of beans in your diet. Having a low glycemic index, this legume culture better than other starchy foods normalizes the values of sugar in the blood. And due to the high concentration of fiber and protein, it will be a great addition to any dietary meal.