Often, nursing mothers are concerned about the possibility of including sugar in the diet or its substitute. There are a lot of discussions about this issue, both among nutritionists and obstetrician-gynecologists and pediatricians.
To understand the pharmacodynamics and features of the transformation of the sugar subunits in the body, it is necessary to carefully study the biochemical nature.
Some important facts about sugar:
- sugar is a highly digestible carbohydrate;
- it contains an enormous amount of calories, which means that the product is able to quickly restore the lost energy of the body;
- it has a unique sweet taste, which determines its high taste qualities;
- This product promotes the release of insulin into the blood;
- sugar eventually turns into glucose, which is the only nutrient for the brain.
Sugar is made from cane or from special sugar beet. Thus, it is a natural natural sweetener. There are a number of contraindications and restrictions on its use. The main ones are diabetes and obesity. Under these pathological conditions of metabolism, it is recommended to use sugar substitutes.
Harm of sugar for mother and baby
It is difficult to name sugar useful products. The most important effect it has on the body is an increase in mood, by acting on the serotonin receptors and the rapid replenishment of the energy deficit.
This characteristic allows its use for the treatment of patients with depressive disorders, as well as in sports practice, for the rapid recovery of athletes. Also, by eating sugar, you can quickly move the patient.
Breastfeeding is an important stage in the formation of immunity and human health. During this period, mother "transfers" to the child all the most useful things that only nature can give. It is during this period that the child’s health is completely dependent on the mother’s nutrition. Excessive mother consumption of sugary foods may affect the newborn in the form of various disorders.
According to statistics, children whose mothers excessively consume sugar, more often than in the rest of the population appears:
- Functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Atopic dermatitis.
It is worth remembering that sugar is a polysaccharide; when it is split, it gives the body a molecule of glucose, fructose and lactose. For the child's body is not recommended excessive load of lactose.
In addition, there are no other useful nutrients or minerals in this product. It is only a source of energy, and "raw material" for the formation of fat deposits.
Everything else sugar:
- promotes changes in the pH of the mouth and milk;
- removes calcium;
- contributes to the development of atherosclerosis;
- provokes the development of diabetes.
When HBG in the children's body gets everything that penetrates through the vascular barrier of the breast. In this connection, the mother should closely monitor their diet, caloric intake, water regime and vitamin-mineral richness of food.
Of course, you should not completely abandon sugary foods, but be extremely careful with the amount of consumption.
Sweeteners during lactation
The question of introducing into the diet of a nursing mother an analogue of sugar sand, at the moment, is very acute.
In some cases this is not a prerequisite, but in the case of a concomitant metabolic pathology it is difficult to avoid such a measure.
A sugar replacement during breastfeeding can cause the most unpredictable reactions from both the mother and the baby.
Of course, all possible side effects are associated only with the biochemical composition and safety of the product.
Allocate natural and artificial sweeteners.
Natural sublayers are presented:
- Stevia. Stevia is an absolutely safe plant from which a sugar substitute is synthesized. It is almost completely absent calories and, most importantly, it does not affect the glucose metabolism, thereby not causing insulin release. Stevizoid has a beneficial effect on the heart and intestines. In the domestic market of dietary products, stevia is represented by the drug Fitpard. Despite not being safe, no mass research has been carried out on this substance and on natural feeding of children.
- Fructose is a fruit sugar that every woman gets in the right amount when consuming various fruits.
- Sucralose - is the product of chemical transformations of regular granulated sugar. It was found that it has an allergic effect and is not a proper substitute for regular sugar.
Synthesized sugar substitutes include:
- substance aspartame;
- saccharin, which is extremely undesirable for the health of the baby;
- cyclamate which according to research has carcinogenic properties;
- dulcin (there is not enough information about its safety);
- Xylitol has a very high calorie content;
- Sorbitol has a strong choleretic effect, and may adversely affect the baby's digestive tract.
Thus, it is unlikely that a nursing mother will be able to choose a suitable option for herself.
The most correct solution would be to limit the consumption of sugar or, in extreme cases, the selection of a natural sweetener for yourself.
Healthy sweets during lactation
In the absence of negative reactions in the baby or mother to honey, allowed to enter it into the mother's diet. It should be done gradually and monitor the condition of the baby. Honey contains a huge amount of useful vitamins and minerals that are so beneficial for mother and child.
Very useful during lactation berries, seasonal fruits. Again, each new ingredient in the diet should be introduced gradually. Excellent sweetener for HB dried fruit. They are very nutritious and beneficial for both the baby and the mother. With the help of these products, the child will receive all the useful vitamins and minerals with mom's milk.
In the previous section, the most prominent sweetener options were described. Thus, it becomes clear which sweeteners and their varieties can be breastfed. Most useful to replace sugar with fructose and stevia.
The latter have very useful properties:
- Improve the reactivity of the immune system.
- Stabilize the exchange of glucose.
- Do not cause allergic reactions.
- Do not cause the release of insulin, which allows their use in diabetes in nursing mothers.
- Resistance to temperature.
Stevia is ideal for baking. At the same time, the taste characteristics of the product do not change at all. Lose weight after pregnancy and childbirth, using these natural sweeteners, it is not difficult even for the sweet tooth.
Breastfeeding is an important stage in the life of mother and baby. Something to replace and transform in the diet is very undesirable in order to avoid reactions from child and maternal health.
Even the introduction to the menu of such safe products as fructose and stevia, requires the advice of a gynecologist, pediatrician and nutritionist. Also, in some cases, you should listen to the reviews to the older "colleagues" in motherhood.
Interesting facts about sugar substitutes are provided in the video in this article.