Medical studies of metabolic disorders show that the stronger sex suffers from a sweet disease, not less than the weaker.
Indeed, the signs of diabetes in men after 45 are more common than in women of the same age.
The fact is that men, as a rule, do not attach importance to minor ailments and write them off for nervous work, lack of rest or age. Waving his hand to himself, the stronger sex risks becoming a “victim” of a sweet disease much more often than women.
Normal blood sugar levels for men by age
The amount of glucose in the blood is determined by proper nutrition and regimen, as well as physical fitness of a person. If everything is in order, then the indicators will be good: 3.4-5.5 mmol / l. These values will change slightly over the years, which is normal.
So, the norm on glycemia by age groups for men is as follows:
- 18-45 years - 3.3-5.6 mmol / l;
- 46-65 years - 3.4-5.8 mmol / l;
- 66 years or more - 3.6-7.0 mmol / l.
The deviation of NS towards an increase (more than 5.5) is considered hyperglycemia, and low numbers (below 3.3) indicate hypoglycemia.
It is necessary to take into account the fact that after a meal the sugar level always increases. The correct result of the NA is possible only on an empty stomach.
The main symptoms of diabetes in menDiabetes is a sad result of hormonal imbalance, excess weight, and bad habits.
It is noticed that men differ by inattention to their health: they do not try to eat properly, they abuse alcohol, but because of psychological characteristics they also experience stresses harder and longer than women.
All this has a negative effect on the pancreas. The disease sneaks up unnoticed: in the early stages of diabetes itself almost does not manifest itself.
A constant fatigue and malaise men often blamed for fatigue at work. And when you have to go to a doctor, it turns out that the disease is running. To avoid this, it is important not to miss the initial symptoms of the disease.
Signs of diabetes of the first type
This type of diabetes, also called juvenile, is characterized by a critically low insulin production and is often observed in boys and young men 24-34 years old. Type 1 diabetes involves continuous insulin therapy (shots) and is dangerous because with sudden jumps in blood sugar, a man can fall into a coma.
The following signs are characteristic of juvenile diabetes:
- increased appetite and thirst;
- frequent urination;
- sweating more than usual;
- pruritus (often in the groin area) and fatigue;
- poor erection;
- long healing wounds.
There may be a peculiar smell from the mouth, vomiting. Erection problems begin to appear. If a man has acquired diabetes after 20 years, then the first years of the need for insulin is low, and such a patient can do without injection for some time.
In this case, diabetes is detected by chance: moderate hyperglycemia is diagnosed. But over time, the need for a hormone still increases, and a person becomes insulin-dependent for life.
Manifestations of type 2 diabetes
This is the most common violation of carbohydrate metabolism. The insidiousness of type 2 diabetes is that for a long time it almost doesn’t manifest itself, and it may be discovered by chance at a planned physical examination.
Very often the cause of this pathology in men is obesity. This usually occurs after 30 years.
Moreover, those extra pounds are traditionally not considered a disadvantage of an adult man.
There is another point that provokes diabetes: low popularization of sports. Urban lifestyle contributes to physical inactivity: car or public transport is always at hand, and office work does not require a lot of calories.
The disease manifests itself after 40 years and has the following symptoms:
- blurred vision;
- I want to eat all the time;
- groin itching;
- peeling of the skin;
- constant thirst;
- testosterone levels fall (as the disease progresses);
- weight loss.
If you notice at least a few of these symptoms, first donate blood for sugar. Men who have reached the age of 40 should pay special attention to their health.
How does the disease in the male half after 30-40 years
It should be noted that in male diabetics in this age group the hereditary factor ceases to be decisive. The manifestation of the disease is extremely negative for the male body.
The main signs of diabetes in 30-40 years are:
- high sweating;
- appearance of pigmentation on the body (usually on the face), which was not previously observed;
- at times, itchy groin troubles;
- frequent drowsiness with disturbing dreams;
- thirst and increased appetite;
- fast and unreasonable fatigue;
- poor wound healing. Small, poorly healing cracks appear on the diabetic mucosa, which promotes the adherence of bacterial infections.
When the disease progresses, its manifestations also increase. There is erectile dysfunction. With diabetes in the male body, there is a rapid drop in testosterone. In turn, it causes impaired blood flow in the pelvic organs, which means impotence develops.
Special trouble delivers persistent itching. It will disappear if you choose the right hygiene products (soaps, gels, shampoos). The best solution would be low-alkaline drugs.
External signs of diabetes on the skin of the legs
Sugar disease involves many organs in the pathological process, and the skin suffers greatly. In the case of severe leakage of diabetes, it coarsens, becomes rough and dark.
Diabetes manifests itself on the skin of the legs with such lesions as:
- dermatopathy. Suffering anterior lower leg. Reddish spots appear on it. Gradually, the redness becomes bright brown, and the structure of the spot changes;
- foot fungal infections;
- hyperkeratosis. In this case, the skin of the foot thickens. It produces inflammation and cracks;
- xanthomatosis. Manifested in the form of flat or rounded yellowish plaques. The disease signals impaired fat metabolism;
- furunculosis. Accumulations of pustular formations. The reason is the low immunity of the patient;
- diabetic pemphigus - fluid filled blisters;
- anular granuloma - rash (plaque) ring-shaped form of red or yellowish tint;
- diabetic foot - the most severe damage to the skin with diabetes. Manifested in the form of ulcers and cracks, as well as necrosis.
Dangerous effects and diabetic complications
The consequences of diabetes for men are:
- sexual function suffers (for any type of diabetes): testosterone is poorly produced, ejaculation weakens, the blood saturation of the genital organs is insufficient. The use of drugs to improve potency with the existing diabetes is impractical;
- balanoposthitis (in the first form of diabetes);
- diabetic foot;
- encephalopathy. Manifestation: fainting, migraine and dizziness, poor sleep.
- atherosclerosis of the head vessels (narrowing occurs due to high cholesterol). Progressive pathology leads to heart attack and ischemia, nephrosclerosis;
- angiopathy. Starting with paresis of the ocular vessels, it can develop into retinal detachment and blindness;
- nephropathy. The defeat of the renal vessels with subsequent sclerosis of the filtering units - glomerulcles;
- pyelonephritis and cystitis;
- polyneuropathy. In this case, the work of the nerve endings of the arms and legs is disrupted. The patient experiences various parastenias: burning or stinging. It is difficult for him to run, stand, his legs are constantly cold;
- diabetic coma - Perhaps the most difficult consequence of the SD.
Drug treatmentTherapeutic treatment begins immediately when diagnosing diabetes.
At the initial stage, one drug or combination of drugs is prescribed.
If the therapeutic effect is not achieved, insulin is prescribed. Therapy type 2 disease is possible without injections of this hormone. There is enough effort on the part of the patient: switching to a diet and exercise within reasonable limits. If the disease has acquired a severe course, sugar-reducing medicines may be prescribed, for example, Metformin.
Type 1 diabetes is treated only with life-long insulin therapy.. The optimal dosage selects endocrinologist. It is good to do physical exercises in addition to the main therapy. It will improve metabolic processes.
Methods of traditional medicine
Although diabetes is incurable, its manifestations can and should be neutralized, reducing the risk of developing pathologies associated with diabetes.
In folk medicine there are lots of recipes for diabetics. Everyone can choose for themselves the most suitable:
- baked onions. To prepare it, take a few unpeeled onion heads and bake in the oven. Willingness can be determined by taste: onions will become sweet and soft. Eat it better before eating. Can be added to roast or soup. Sugar will drop after a month of taking the funds;
- horseradish beer infusion with garlic. It will require: a large (at least 20 cm in length) horseradish root and a head of garlic (9-10 cloves). Vegetables are peeled, chopped and poured with beer. 10 days infusion is stored in a dark place. Take 1 tbsp. before each meal;
- light forms of diabetes are well treated with potato juice. They drink it before meals of 100 g in the morning and evening;
- soaked white beans. It takes: 3 beans for every 100 grams of water. The seeds that have swelled during the night should be eaten on an empty stomach and water should be drunk;
- buckwheat flour. This recipe will give the result only in the case of prolonged use. Buckwheat must first grind and then pour kefir. Proportion: 1 tbsp. flour per 100 g of drink. Take on an empty stomach;
- oatmeal broth. Required: 1.5 cups of water and 2 tbsp. oats with a hill. Cook for 5-7 minutes, when the mixture boils, hold for another 5 minutes. Infused tool for 30 minutes. Drink 2 tbsp. before meals 1 calendar month.
Nutrition rules for diabetics
The task of medical nutrition in diabetes is to achieve normal blood sugar. This is achieved by accurate and verified individual diet.
There are also general rules of nutrition:
- learn to eat fractional. The portion should be 2 times less than the previous norm, and the number of meals will increase to 5 or 6 times. So you will not overeat, which is very important for obesity;
- never go hungry and have breakfast;
- the last meal is not less than 2 hours before bedtime;
- per day you need to drink 1.5 liters of fluid (consider it in food);
- eat more grains, legumes, and bran;
- food should be high-protein: dairy products, fish or meat. Everything is not greasy!
In diabetic nutrition, you need to focus on vegetables (turnips, cucumbers, cabbage). And the issue of eating citrus and sweet-sour fruits is better to coordinate with a nutritionist.
About signs of diabetes in men in the video:
If a man follows all medical recommendations, he will maintain his health and will not allow the development of dangerous complications.