A person with little knowledge of anatomy will probably hardly tell about the purpose of the pancreas, while asking the incorrect question: what does it even do in our body?
But the first mention of it is already found in the writings of anatomists who lived thousands of years ago. In the Talmud, the book of life rules and traditions, taken from the Bible, the pancreas was already then called the "finger of God."
Being simultaneously part of the internal and external secretion, it plays a huge role in the digestive process and metabolism.
Why is this important organ inflamed? Why do we behave in such a way that she is forced to remind herself through pain?
Causes of Pancreatic Inflammation
The pancreas is a very sensitive organ.
By not allowing or eliminating the reasons described below, you can greatly ease her life:
- Intoxication of the body with alcohol.
- Disease of the gallbladder and its ducts (inflammation, contraction).
- Injuries to the abdominal cavity.
- Duodenal pathology in the form of inflammation of its mucous membrane - duodenitis.
- Medication: anticoagulants, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, sulfonamides and others.
- Diseases associated with severe infections: viral hepatitis C and B, mumps.
- Hyperfunction of the parathyroid glands associated with their growth or overproduction of parathyroid hormone.
- Occurrence of ascariasis in the body - a disease triggered by intestinal parasites ascaris.
- Instability of hormonal background.
- Vascular disease.
- Sharp increase in serum lipids - fat-like organic compounds.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Nutrition, saturated with fat and spicy food.
Symptoms and signs of pathological changes
The first signs of gland disease appear, as a rule, after forty years, extremely rarely in childhood. This happens when a person has already badly hurt her and she declares herself in this way.
Pain in hypochondrium
It is pancreatitis in its acute form that exhibits such symptoms with pain. Depending on the severity of the pain is divided into: dull, sharp, cutting, pulling. This is due to the fact that the edematous tissues exert pressure on the nerve endings.
When pancreatitis very often occurs a concomitant phenomenon - dyspepsia. This is a complex violation of the gastrointestinal tract, manifested in nausea, vomiting after eating, defecation (indigestion, constipation).
Such characteristic signs appear most often at the initial stage of the disease. The reasons may be violations in the diet, eating foods that are not tolerated by the stomach, as well as taking drugs and alcohol.
Vomiting as a sign of intoxication
With exacerbation of pancreatitis, irritation of the vagus nerve occurs, causing nausea. In 80% of cases, it ends with the release of vomit through the mouth.
At the first stage - due to the contents of the stomach, and in more burdened cases there is a forced release of bile. Remember, when someone describes a state: there is nothing to tear, but as if everything is “turning” outward - this is exactly the case.
These are severe symptoms characterizing dehydration. In the absence of immediate "inclusion" of emergency medical assistance, it can be fatal.
The most dangerous, not only for the organism, but also for life in general, is the second and third stage of the course of the disease.
They manifest themselves in the following symptoms:
- weight loss up to 9%;
- man has unbearable thirst;
- dry mucous in the mouth;
- urine color darkens, its outflow decreases;
- heartbeat increases with a tendency to arrhythmia;
- neurological factors manifest themselves (clouding of consciousness, drowsiness, impaired speech).
As a result, the inflammation of iron increases in size, starting to put pressure on the surrounding organs and preventing the flow of bile.
This is reflected on the skin, it acquires a painful yellow or pale gray color.
In addition, due to respiratory failure and oxygen deficiency, blue nasolabial triangle, toenails and hands, skin on the abdomen and sides may appear.
Other symptoms of pancreatic disease may appear on palpation:
- Pain in the left side around the junction of the ribs and spine.
- With a characteristic pressure on the points around the navel (inward and upward), pain arises.
- At the moment of abrupt withdrawal of fingers from the abdomen there is a sharp pain.
Video material on the symptoms and treatment of the disease:
What medications are taken for pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis is a serious disease that requires close attention and an integrated approach to the treatment process.
Taking medication, you need to clearly understand their purpose.
Tasks of drug treatment:
- Rapid removal of acute pain.
- Elimination of dysfunction (failure) of the gland.
- Localization of the inflammatory process and further treatment of the diseased organ.
- Prevention of causes contributing to the development of complications.
When the pancreas hurts, the following pills will help stabilize its work and ease your well-being:
- Remove spasms and reduce pain - this is served by No-shpa, Papaverin, Baralgin. It is worth remembering that their one-time reception should not exceed two tablets. Doctors recommend taking papaverine together with Plathifillin. Only a doctor can relieve acute nauseated pain by injecting an anesthetic.
- Mezim, Festal, Creon will be able to stabilize and balance the functioning of the pancreas. These are such substitutes for enzymes.
- Diclofenac and Aspirin can relieve inflammation, and with it pain.
- Doctors prescribe Octreotide to inpatients - this dosage form is prescribed for acute pancreatitis and is administered intravenously.
Treatment of pancreatitis with medicines will be effective only with a significant correction of the diet and the integrated use of the entire therapeutic toolkit.
In the arsenal of modern medicine there are more than a dozen drugs that can alleviate the suffering of the patient, able to relieve the exacerbation of inflammatory processes that affected the pancreas secretory organ.
The classification of drugs depending on the goals of treatment and their therapeutic effect on the disease is presented in the table:
|Pharmaceutical indication||Therapeutic effect||Name of drugs|
|Painkillers||Localizes and relieves acute pain.||Papaverine, No-Spa, Spazgan, Baralgin|
|Elimination of aggressive acid secretion||Prevents the process of further destruction of the tissues of the digestive organs.||Phosphalugel, Maalox, Almagel|
|Recovery of enzyme deficiency||Normalizes the work of the digestive system by reducing inflammation||Enzyme Forte, Creon, Festal, Pancreatin|
|Elimination of pathogenic bacterial microflora||Relieves inflammation and inflammation||Doxycycline, Tobramycin, Cefspan, Ampicillin, Cefobid|
The purpose of these drugs follows from their names, i.e. they must relieve pain. It is worth noting that despite the painful sensations that bear a pronounced color, doctors prescribe medications that do not contain narcotic components.
These primarily include:
- Antispasmodics: No-Spa, Mebeverin, Meteospasmil, Papaverin, Buscopan.
- Anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs: Voltaren, Indomethacin, Movalis.
- Analgesics: Acetamiphen, Baralgin, Analgin, Paracetamol.
Drugs of this group are intended to facilitate the functioning of the pancreas, which has partially lost its secretory ability.
According to the purpose and origin of the enzymes, the existing classification divides them into 5 groups:
- Simple: Abomin, Betaine.
- Combined: Flogenzim, Wobenzin.
- Medicines containing pancreatin with its components (steapsin, starch, protease): Mezim, Creon, Pancreatin, Mikrasim, Pangrol, Hermital, Festal.
- Synthesized from plants: Somilaz, Unienzyme, Solizim.
- Drugs that include bile, pancreatin, hemicellulase: Enzistal, Digestal, Festal, Panzinorm.
It should be noted that vomiting after food poisoning and pancreatitis is different. In the second case, it proceeds in a protracted exhausting form that does not bring relief and leads to dehydration of the body. In this case, simple gastric lavage does not help.
Here there are more fundamental processes associated with intoxication: toxins formed during the death of tissues are brought through the blood into the medulla oblongata and act on the emetic center located in the okolo-gastric area.
The most effective way to relieve cramps is Zerukal. It is used as an injection.
In addition, with vomiting take: Motilium, Bimaral, Torekan.
Torekan, in contrast to similar to Эта eperapine, Haloperidol, Meterazin, besides the antiemetic effect, also has an optimally mild sedative (sedative) effect.
Diarrhea or diarrhea are related events with exacerbation of pancreatitis. Independently, without medical assistance, it will not be possible to get rid of this not only extremely unpleasant, but also extremely dangerous phenomenon.
Therefore, it is no coincidence that doctors in the diagnosis of pancreatitis prescribe complex treatment of diarrhea, consisting of the following areas:
- For "leveling" the digestive process, enzyme medications are prescribed: Festal, Mezim, Pancreatin.
- Enterosorbents - these effective drugs, while in the stomach, absorb various toxins. In the future, they remove them from the body in a natural way. These include: Almagel, activated carbon, Polysorb.
- To increase the weakened tone of the rectum and to reduce the frequency of bowel movements take: Loperamide, Lopedium, Immodium.
- Analgesic and antispasmodic for diarrhea: Baralgin, No-Spa, Papaverine, Spazmil, Renalgan.
- To normalize the intestinal microflora, doctors recommend: Colibacterin, Baktistatin, Lactobacterin.
- Vitamin and mineral complexes that serve to strengthen the protective functions of the body: Supradin, Vitrum, Complivit.
Increased secretion of hydrochloric acid activates the function of pancreatic secretion, which is not exactly necessary during exacerbation of pancreatitis. To prevent this, antacid drugs are taken.
They are divided into absorbable and non-absorbable dosage forms. When treating pancreatitis, doctors most often tend to prescribe aluminum-magnesium-containing or non-absorbable drugs.
The most famous of them are: Phosphalugel, Almagel, Altacid, Maalox, Gastracid, Maalukol, Alumage.
Increased secretion of gastric juice, which includes hydrochloric acid, provoke an exacerbation of pancreatitis. The main purpose of antisecretory agents is to reduce the release of hydrochloric acid.
Without going into deep medical terms, it is worth noting that all these dosage forms are divided by their therapeutic properties into IPP (proton pump inhibitors) and histamine H2-receptor blockers. All of them reduce both nighttime and daytime acid production. Only the former have no effect on cholinergic, and the latter on histamine receptors.
Histamine H2 receptor blockers:
- Cymentidine generation: Histodin, Altramet, Belomet, Ulmetmetin, Tagamet.
- Ranitidine generation: Zantag, Gistak, Ranisan, Acidex, Zoran.
- Generation Famotidine: Dondin, Ulfamid, Gaster, Kvamatel, Pepsid. Topcid.
IPP or proton pump blockers:
- Omeprazole Generation: Omez, Zerocide, Omizac, Osid, Erosit.
- Lansoprazole Generation: Lanzopton.
- Pantoprazole Generation.
- Generation Rabenprazol: Pariet.
- Esomeprazole Generation: Nexium.
They received their names because of the broad, or, more precisely, universal therapeutic properties. Their action extends to various diseases, among which is pancreatitis.
The antibiotics of the new generation, which are most often prescribed by doctors to adult patients, include:
But do not forget the old, proven, but no less effective drugs of a wide spectrum of action, which include:
Locate and remove spastic disorders in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts - this is the main purpose of myotropic spasmolytic drugs.
These include dosage forms that have antispasmodic and vasodilating properties.
The most popular to the destination are (grouped):
- Papaverine, Papaverine hydrochloride;
- Mebeverin, Duspatalin;
- Bentsiklan, Halidor;
- Drotaverin, Drotaverine hydrochloride, No-Spa, No-Spa Forte, Spasmol;
- Otilonia bromide, Spasmomene;
- Pinaveriya bromide, Ditsetel;
These are the most popular and popular dosage forms. Someone has calculated that in the United States more than 70 million prescriptions are issued for the purchase of these drugs per year.
All dosage forms of this group, and it is worth noting that these are more than a hundred different names, have the same properties and act on the same principle: anti-inflammatory, anesthetic and antipyretic.
What is the best medicine to take, what to choose? The question is very incorrect.
To eliminate the inflammatory processes associated with exacerbation of pancreatitis, doctors most often prescribe:
- Acetylsalicylic acid or Aspirin;
- Lysine monoacetylsalicylate;
- Mesalazin and many others.
Video from Dr. Evdokimenko:
The most effective means to repair the gland
To give an unequivocal answer to the question about the most effective drugs for treating the pancreas, it is as ungrateful as arguing or asserting which climate zone or region is best suited for human habitation.
And we think you will agree that the same vague answer, namely: everything depends on the human body - will be equally correct for the two options.
Pancreatitis is a very complex disease, barely curable. Much depends on the strategy and tactics of dealing with this ailment, on the selected therapeutic drugs and their complex use.
Although some generalizations based on medical research can be made.
Most often, for inflammation of the pancreas, doctors prescribe: painkillers, antibiotics and drugs from the enzyme group.
- Enzyme preparations: CREON, Panzinorm.
- Antacids: Gaviscon, Rennie, Phosphalugel, Maalox.
- Proton pump blockers: Omez, Lanzapton, Pantoprazop, Lanzopton.
- Antibiotics: Azithromycin, Cefotaxime.
- Painkillers: No-Spa, Meteoospasmil, Voltaren, Movalis. Baralgin, Paracetamol.
In order to successfully overcome the problems associated with the disease of the pancreas, you need to stock up not only patience. It is necessary to strictly follow the recommendations of the attending physician and fundamentally review the whole way of life, including the composition and dietary standards, as well as the mode of rest and physical activity.