Recently, a disease such as diabetes, is gaining momentum. Every year, the number of people who become ill with them is increasing, and the disease takes on the scale of a real and terrifying epidemic.
It is known that this disease primarily affects men's health, in particular, potency.
Among the symptoms of this disease in men: premature ejaculation, reduced sexual desire for the opposite sex, the complete absence of ejaculation and, accordingly, orgasm. As a rule, in men, fertility depends on the stage of the disease and its course.
According to studies, it has a negative effect on reproductive function. This article will reveal the main causes of high blood sugar in men and ways to normalize it.
What raises blood sugar in men?
In the presence of disorders of carbohydrate metabolism in men, there is a fairly strong lesion of all internal organs and systems.
This is one of the most striking differences of this disease in men compared with women. In the latter, diabetes is not so severely affecting the body.
A consequence of the occurrence of the disease is also a violation of sexual function. As a rule, you can notice a significant weakening of potency, resulting in angiopathy, which reduces blood flow to the genitals. It can cause great harm to health.
The increased concentration of ketone bodies significantly suppresses sex hormones that are in the blood. The consequence of this is a significant reduction in potency. In addition to this phenomenon is also traced the presence of other signs of diabetes.
Many believe that it is much more difficult to detect this ailment in the male than in women, for example. This is because men are less serious about their own health. Since they rarely visit the offices of specialists, it will therefore be extremely problematic to diagnose the ailment. It should also be noted that in women this disease occurs in a milder form.
In any case, you should pay attention to changes in the state of the body. The first signs of the presence of diabetes include:
- a sharp and significant gain in weight;
- weight loss without objective reasons;
- excessive sweating;
- fast fatiguability;
- insatiable feeling of thirst;
- the presence of pruritus;
- hair loss;
- dryness and irritation of the skin;
- frequent and painful urination;
- dry mouth;
- an increase in the volume of urine produced;
- urination mainly at night;
- blurred vision;
- unpleasant smell from the mouth;
Each of the above symptoms is a reason to contact a qualified technician. First of all, it is very important to pass a blood test for sugar, which will help to reveal its increased concentration.
The main causes of high blood sugar in men:
- constant stressful situations that leave a person in suspense;
- taking steroid drugs;
- consuming excessive amounts of easily digestible carbohydrates;
- certain category of systemic diseases.
Diagnosis of hyperglycemia
Before you determine what causes high blood sugar in men, you need to correctly diagnose the disease. First of all, a patient of any doctor must pass a glucose tolerance test in order to make a definitive and accurate diagnosis.
It is carried out using this substance directly in pure form. To do this, in the early morning on an empty stomach to donate blood for sugar. Immediately after this, you should drink a concentrated glucose solution and a few hours later repeat the procedure for donating blood.
To maximally be sure that the final result is reliable, you should follow certain rules:
- before passing this analysis, you need to completely eliminate sports;
- the last meal of the day should be no later than ten hours before blood donation;
- before going through the procedure, you should follow the usual diet;
- it is important to take a good sleep before the test;
- avoid various stressful situations;
- Do not worry about the passage of this procedure and its likely results;
- after the glucose solution has been taken, it is advisable not to take long and exhausting walks.
A diagnosis called diabetes mellitus can be made only when glucose exceeds 7.1 mmol / l on an empty stomach, and after taking a solution based on it - 11 mmol / l.
In addition to this study, a test for glycated hemoglobin is prescribed.
After passing it and getting results, it is considered that if the indicator is more than six percent, then this is the first sign of the presence of an illness in the body. Also, the patient must be sent to the sample at the level of Amylin, which inhibits the immediate release of insulin into the blood immediately after a meal.
Once the main reason for the increase in blood sugar in men has been determined, it is necessary to become familiar with the likely complications that can occur in the body under the pressure of the disease.
If we neglect the early symptoms that manifest themselves in all systems of the body, then there will be other, more serious signs. They will signal the occurrence of dangerous complications in the body of a man.
Signs of diabetes in the severe stage:
- deterioration of visual acuity, the occurrence of cataracts;
- the appearance of cardiovascular diseases, increased pressure;
- defeat of the skin with various ulcers and fungal diseases;
- the occurrence of gangrene of the extremities;
- hyper or hypoglycemic coma;
- erectile dysfunction.
As a rule, most men, when they detect these alarming symptoms, do not immediately turn to specialists. They mistakenly believe that these signs mean nothing and will gradually disappear from the organism themselves. But this is not the case. It is this prejudiced attitude that can lead to the emergence of various complications in the body.
The main symptom that can cause a man to see a doctor is an erection disorder. Only after the emergence of serious and intractable problems with men's health, the representative of the stronger sex agrees to pass all the necessary tests. As a result, after their delivery, it may appear that the cause of sexual dysfunction is not diabetes at all, but a completely different disease.
Among the causes of poor erection in men:
- violation of the patency of large and small vessels, which are located in the penis;
- damage to nerve endings;
- insufficient production of sex hormones;
- minimal sperm production and DNA damage inherent in them;
- taking drugs that violate the sexual function of men;
- serious mental disorders that provoke the occurrence of impotence.
In the body of each person there is a nervous system that works offline. It also functions without the direct involvement of consciousness and independently regulates the performance of the respiratory, digestive, cardiovascular and reproductive systems. If there are violations of the glucose content in the body, then all of the above-mentioned systems may be affected.
Additional causes of increased blood sugar in men
These include the following diseases and actions:
- endocrine pathology, in the presence of which an increased amount of a certain hormone is produced in the body, which increases the concentration of glucose;
- illiterate taking of various drugs;
- hypercortisol syndrome;
- severe circulatory disorders in the brain and heart;
- if the concentration of carbohydrates in the blood is significantly below normal (up to 2.9 mmol / l), but the symptoms of glycemia do not appear, there is a risk of the presence of a so-called tumor element, which produces a large amount of insulin.
Physiological and pathological causes of high sugar in men:
This article describes in detail the symptoms and causes of high blood sugar in men. Thus, it is possible to pre-diagnose problems in the body independently with the help of the information it contains. In any case, be sure to contact your personal doctor for detailed diagnostics, passing all the necessary tests and tests, as well as for passing the appropriate examination. This is the only way to eliminate all unnecessary diseases in a timely manner, in order to prevent further development of severe complications, which can significantly worsen the general state of health.