Long-term promotion of active life is focused on a slim, beautiful body for both women and men. But not all those who want to say goodbye to excess weight, can cope with this difficult task in full.
In addition, obesity is often combined with diabetes, which complicates the process of losing weight.
It is for this reason that many patients are interested in how to lose weight with diabetes without harming your health? Experts say that such patients just need to adhere to certain recommendations that will help get rid of the accumulated kilograms and keep the weight in the normal range.
Can I lose weight with type 1 diabetes mellitus?
Despite the fact that many women and men are accustomed to consider being overweight harmful to their health, but not everyone can lose extra pounds.
The main recommendation in this case is to ensure that the person does not seek to lose weight quickly. This is not only harmful, but also very dangerous, since serious changes and hormonal changes can occur in the body.
Many nutritionists and endocrinologists claim that a sharp loss of body fat in diabetes is dangerous for several reasons:
- with forced weight loss in 85% of cases, it is even faster to gain weight. In addition, the total body fat often exceeds the initial body mass index;
- the body is marked by an uncontrolled change in protein and even carbohydrate balance, which is difficult to return to normal levels;
- A diabetic can face serious glucose ratio problems, which are even more pronounced in the process of losing weight.
In general, experienced endocrinologists argue that it is most dangerous for people with type 1 diabetes to lose weight. If it comes to those patients who suffer from the second type of pathology, then you need to get rid of extra pounds slowly.
Only in this case, you can expect that all changes in the body will take place in stages and will not harm the overall health.
How to lose weight and reduce blood sugar?
Losing weight in diabetes is not at all difficult if you approach this process with basic knowledge of the causes of excessive deposition of subcutaneous fat.
Fat people often think that reducing portions and the total caloric content of meals will help to quickly get rid of the accumulated excess weight.
But there are frequent cases when a diabetic completely refuses flour, potatoes, sweets and cereals, and the hated centimeters continue to grow. Endocrinologists claim that the constant counting of calories for diabetics of the second type can only lead to impotence and nervous breakdown.
In addition, the lack of sugar can result in more serious illnesses:
- brain disorders;
- heart and kidney failure;
- increased likelihood of glycemic coma;
- termination of biological cell renewal.
You should always remember that to start the fight against obesity is possible only after consulting with an endocrinologist and a nutritionist.
Professionals should adjust the dosage of medications taken (tablets to reduce sugar or insulin). Depending on the degree of decrease in fat reserves, glucose indicators may decrease or even return to normal.
The final result of losing weight always depends on how much the habits of the patient have changed, and whether he has begun to eat right. To lose weight and reduce blood sugar will help effective diet, which should contain only those carbohydrates that are perceived by the body of diabetic.
In addition, you need to keep a special notebook in which absolutely all the products that were consumed during the day are recorded.
Principles of diet against extra pounds
An optimal diet should consist of low-carb foods. The main advantages of such a diet are related to the fact that a person eats fully and balanced, and at the same time gets rid of extra pounds.
Diabetics are prohibited from using the following products:
- fruit juices;
- high-fat cheeses;
- sugar (even in the smallest doses);
- sunflower seeds;
- Bee Honey;
- fat cottage cheese;
- soda, lemonade and other carbonated drinks;
- fatty meat;
- fatty fish;
- vegetable oil;
- hearts, kidneys, liver, and other animal insides;
- sausage products;
Initially it may seem that absolutely all products are considered banned, but this is far from the case. The diabetic diet is very diverse and consists solely of healthy ingredients that are low in carbohydrates.
Low-calorie and fat burning foods include:
- fresh parsley, dill, lettuce;
- skim cheese;
- natural coffe;
- green tea;
- water without gas;
- fresh fruits and greens;
- poultry meat;
- lean fish
Of the vegetables, cabbage, carrots and Jerusalem artichoke are considered the most useful, while fruit and pears are apples and apples.
It is worth considering that nutritionists have developed another list of products that can be used by diabetics, but in limited quantities:
- bran bread;
- boiled potatoes.
Every diabetic should remember that proper nutrition is the key to a high quality and long life.
Menu for weight loss for a week
Depending on what type of diabetes was diagnosed, experts make up a detailed diet. Each item must be complied with, as the patient's well-being depends on it.
Weekly menus for type 2 diabetes
- for breakfast: 70 g fresh carrot salad, oatmeal porridge with milk 180 g, light butter 5 g, unsweetened tea;
- dinner: fresh salad 100 g, borscht without meat 250 g, stew 70 g, bread;
- dinner: canned / fresh peas 70 g, cottage cheese casserole 150 g, tea.
- breakfast: 50 g boiled fish, 70 g fresh cabbage salad, bread and tea;
- dinner: 70 g boiled chicken, vegetable soup 250 g, apple, unsweetened compote;
- dinner: one egg, steamed patties 150 g and bread.
- breakfast: 180 g low-fat cottage cheese, 180 buckwheat porridge and tea;
- dinner: vegetable stew 270 g, boiled meat 80 g, stewed cabbage 150 g;
- dinner: steamed vegetables 170 g, meatballs from meat 150 g, dogrose decoction, bran bread.
- breakfast: rice porridge 180 g, boiled beets 85 g, a slice of cheese and coffee;
- dinner: squash caviar 85 g, fish soup 270 g, boiled chicken 170 g, homemade lemonade without sugar;
- dinner: vegetable salad 180 g, buckwheat porridge 190 g, tea.
- breakfast: fresh carrot and apple salad 180 g, 150 g low-fat cottage cheese, tea;
- dinner: meat goulash 250 g, vegetable soup 200 g, squash caviar 80 g, bread and stewed fruit;
- dinner: wheat cereal with milk 200 g, baked fish 230 g, tea.
- breakfast: porridge with milk 250 g, grated carrot salad 110 g, coffee;
- dinner: noodle soup 250 g, 80 g boiled rice, 160 g stewed liver, stewed fruit, bread;
- dinner: barley porridge 230 g, squash caviar 90 g
- breakfast: a slice of low-fat cheese, buckwheat porridge 260 g, beet salad 90 g;
- dinner: pilaf with chicken 190 g, soup with beans 230 g, stewed eggplants, fresh cranberry bread and juice;
- dinner: cutlet 130 g, pumpkin porridge 250 g, fresh vegetable salad 100 g, compote.
For diabetics on insulin
- breakfast: 200 g of cereal, 40 g of cheese, 20 g of bread, unsweetened tea;
- dinner: 250 g borscht, vegetable salad 100 g, steamed meat cutlet 150 g, stewed cabbage 150 g, bread;
- dinner: 150 g boiled chicken meat and 200 g of lettuce.
- breakfast: steamed omelet 200 g, boiled veal 50 g, 2 fresh tomatoes, unsweetened coffee or tea;
- dinner: vegetable salad 200 g, mushroom soup 280 g, boiled breast 120 g, 180 g baked pumpkin, 25 g bread;
- dinner: braised cabbage with sour cream 150 g, 200 g of boiled fish.
- breakfast: Dietary cabbage rolls with meat 200 g, 35 g low-fat sour cream, 20 g bread, tea;
- dinner: vegetable salad 180 g, fish stew or meat 130, boiled pasta 100 g;
- dinner: cottage cheese casserole with berries 280 g, rosehip broth.
- first day diet menu.
- breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese 180 g, a glass of dietary yogurt;
- dinner: vegetable salad 200 g, baked potatoes 130 g, boiled fish 200 g;
- dinner: fresh vegetable salad 150 g, steam cutlet 130 g
- breakfast: light-salted salmon 50 g, one boiled egg, fresh cucumber, tea;
- dinner: borscht 250 g, lazy cabbage rolls 140 g, low-fat sour cream 40 g;
- dinner: fresh green peas 130 g, steamed chicken 100 g, stewed eggplants 50 g
- breakfast: buckwheat porridge 250 g, calf ham 70 g, tea;
- dinner: mushroom soup soup 270 g, boiled veal 90 g, stewed zucchini 120 g, 27 g of bread;
- dinner: fish baked in foil 180 g, 150 g fresh spinach and 190 g stewed zucchini.
How to lose weight with type 2 diabetes:
To improve your health, in addition to diet, you need to play sports, do morning exercises. The second type of diabetes most often affects the elderly, so active movements will not harm them, and will only benefit and help reduce body weight.