With elevated blood sugar levels, patients should follow a special diet that does not consume fatty and sweet foods. At the same time, experts recommend eating more dairy products. For example, cheese in type 2 diabetes will be very useful. But it is important to choose the right variety, because some species are subject to strict prohibition. What cheese to prefer to diabetics, and how to choose it correctly?
The benefits and harms of cheese for diabetics
In the diet of every modern person, leading a healthy lifestyle, dairy products occupy one of the leading places. But is cheese really good for diabetes? It is hypoallergenic, rich in proteins and well absorbed by the body.
Diabetes and pressure surges will be a thing of the past.
- Sugar normalization -95%
- Elimination of vein thrombosis - 70%
- Elimination of palpitations -90%
- Excessive Blood Pressure - 92%
- Increased vigor during the day, improved sleep at night -97%
- tocopherol is a powerful antioxidant that is involved in cell biochemical processes. It prevents the development of inflammation, improves brain function, prevents the development of hypoxia, normalizes the work of the visual organs;
- Vitamin C - participates in the process of blood formation, has a positive effect on the nervous system, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, fights against toxic substances and contributes to their removal from the body;
- Vitamin A - a beneficial effect on vision, facilitates colds, strengthens the immune system, accelerates the healing of the skin, reduces the risk of infection;
- B vitamins - normalize the work of the nervous system, participate in the synthesis of proteins and the process of blood formation, contribute to the breakdown of lipids;
- Calcium - maintains the strength of bones and teeth, normalizes blood clotting, prevents blood clots, which is important for diabetes;
- phosphorus - promotes the work of the nervous system and the synthesis of enzymes;
- Potassium - normalizes water balance, prevents the occurrence of hypertension, strengthens skeletal muscles, improves brain function.
In the cheese there are fats, which tend to be deposited under the skin with excessive use. Therefore, nutritionists strongly recommend choosing low-fat varieties of dairy product.
Also do not forget about cholesterol substances. There is quite a lot of them in fatty cheese. These organic compounds significantly worsen the activity of the vascular system, contribute to the formation of plaques, which is fraught with the development of atherosclerosis - a frequent companion of type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Carbohydrates in dairy products are considered energy sources. In excess, they can also accumulate as lipids. In fatty rennet carbohydrates very much. But there are types of cheese, completely devoid of these substances (cow cheese, Adygei cheese).
Most popular rennet varieties include a lot of salt. Despite the excellent taste, attractive smell and appearance, their use in diabetes should be limited as much as possible. This is especially important for persons whose "sugar" disease is aggravated by hypertension. What kind of cheese you can choose, just say a diabetologist.
Which cheese is better to choose
Calorie cheese is highly dependent on its type, the presence of harmful impurities and production technology. In order not to disturb the diet, and not worsen the state of health, diabetics need to choose low-calorie soft varieties:
- Adygea - you can eat almost daily: low-calorie, rich in minerals, vitamins, amino acids product;
- Bukovina, rich in vitamin A, low-calorie, tasty dairy product;
- Roquefort, made from sheep's milk;
- Camembert - an exquisite low-calorie food product, with mold and mushroom flavor;
- Mozzarella - soft cheese of young varieties with a delicate texture and a pleasant taste;
- Curd cheese - contains a minimum of salt and fat. It is made from cream or milk by ripening with lactic acid bacteria.
The glycemic index of almost all the listed varieties is zero. Not less useful because of the presence of:
- casein protein;
- essential fatty acids;
- vitamin complexes
It is considered processed cheese. But in order to cook it, dishonest manufacturing companies use harmful substances (preservatives, flavors, food additives). These ingredients are strictly contraindicated in diabetes, peptic ulcer and hypertension, cardiovascular pathologies.
Is diabetics allowed sausage cheese? It is made from soft and hard expired cheeses. They add the same quality cottage cheese, cream, butter. In addition, the production technology involves the introduction of artificial impurities and special salts-melters, facilitating the process of mixing the cheese product.
In diabetes, this variety is contraindicated. Even a healthy person should eat it rarely, and little by little. It should be noted that processed cheese and sausage cheese are high in calories, for this reason it is impossible to get involved in them.
The best option is homemade cheese, made strictly according to the recipe. It is not difficult to prepare it, the main thing is not to spare time and use high-quality non-fat milk.
If you have to buy cheese in the store, you must first examine the labeling of the goods, which will indicate the composition and shelf life. It is strictly forbidden to purchase cheese on the market with hands. The origin of such products can only be guessed, and the risk of diabetes is unacceptable.
Relatively recently, "cheese products" have appeared in the stores, which are cheaper and more accessible to a wide mass of buyers. They contain many harmful compounds that are undesirable for diabetics. You should also refrain from pickled and smoked varieties. They are extremely undesirable in the diet of the patient.
How much can you eat at once
Any product used without measure causes harm to the body. This also applies to dairy products. Eating a type 2 diabetic is permitted in minimal quantities, as it arouses appetite and is a fairly high-calorie food.
Cheese with diabetes type 1 and type 2 is desirable in the first half of the day, in the amount of not more than 35 g.
When to restrict use
In some cases, rennet molokoprodukt in diabetes is strictly contraindicated. Much depends on:
- the severity of the disease;
- state of health of the patient;
- product quality.
Before turning on the cheese in the menu, diabetics are advised to consult a doctor.
If the product is high-quality, not very high-calorie, and unsalted, then it can be used for a variety of diabetic diets. A thin slice of cheese perfectly enriches the taste of rye or whole-grain bread, saturates the body, gives strength and vitality.