Many believe that the most delicious soup cooked in Ukraine. In fact, there are a large number of recipes for this wonderful soup. Its name comes from the old Slavic word "barsch", which means beets. We offer you a little unusual, but very tasty option of lean borsch with prunes. Even lovers of rich meat soups will not notice that there is no meat in it. And there is nothing to say about its health benefits - it is undoubted!
These borscht can stew from 30 ingredients. Our lean soup consists of only 10, not counting the salt and spices, which you can put to taste or not add them at all. You will need:
- 20 g dried mushrooms;
- ½ liter of mushroom broth;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 beet;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 medium potatoes;
- some fresh cabbage;
- 1 onion;
- a handful of prunes;
- Bay leaf.
Each ingredient in borscht has its own benefit. It contains vitamins C, K, B, organic and amino acids. Due to the fact that vegetables undergo short-term heat treatment, they retain almost all of their beneficial properties. For diabetics, the benefit of borscht lies in the fact that it contains a large amount of fiber and provides a feeling of satiety for a long time.
- Prepare the broth - rinse the mushrooms thoroughly, cover with water and leave for 15-50 minutes. Then replace the water and leave them to swell for 3 to 4 hours. Cook the broth on the same water. Mushrooms must be fully prepared.
- While the base for the borsch is boiled, peel the potatoes and chop the cabbage into thin strips.
- Put them in the ready boiling broth and start cooking the dressing. Peel the onions, beets and carrots.
- Chop the tomato and onion, and grate the beets and carrots on a coarse grater. Do not mix them!
- In a heated frying pan fry the onions in vegetable oil until transparent and add carrots to it.
- After 5 - 7 minutes, fold the beets into the pan and continue to sauté the vegetable mixture for another 5 minutes. To the beet has not lost its rich color, vinegar can be added to the dressing. Tomatoes and spices that you like to fill soups are added to.
- While the dressing is done until ready (and this is just a few minutes) cut the prunes into thin slices and put it in broth with cabbage and potatoes.
- Then send vegetable dressing, salt to taste and throw 1 - 2 leaves of laurel leaf.
- The fire under the soup can be turned off. The final stage is garlic, passed through the press and any greens.
To gain rich flavor, borscht should stand a little. You can add notes of spring freshness to it, and at the same time you can decorate it with the help of green onions, dill, parsley, with the word of any favorite herbs. Pour borsch in a plate, put a spoonful of sour cream, sprinkle with herbs and eat with pleasure!
"All the ingredients that make up borscht are approved for use by diabetics. The advantage of this dish is its low glycemic index and a negligible amount of XE per serving, which makes it possible to add lunch and 2-nd dish and salad."
Doctor endocrinologist Maria Pilgayeva, GBUZ GP 214 branch 2, Moscow