Causes of cracked heels
Doctors have noticed that diabetes mellitus itself provokes the appearance of cracks on the heels, since the high content of sugary substances in the blood is an activator for the development of various infections. Another common cause of this disease in diabetes mellitus is damage to the nerve endings on the lower extremities. Such traumatic conditions lead to increased dryness of the skin.
- if the cause of the disease is damage to the nerve endings on the lower limbs, then the neglected state of the disease can lead to a dangerous disease - diabetic polyneuropathy;
- in case of late treatment of the disease, deformity of the foot may occur;
- the increased rate of sugary substances in human blood and cracks on the heels often cause impaired blood circulation of small and large vessels;
- A neglected state of the disease can lead to gangrene or ulcers on the lower limbs.
Treatment of cracked heels in diabetics
Most often, doctors prescribe special ointments and creams with a moisturizing effect to their patients. In each case, the ointment or cream is selected individually for each patient.
- petroleum jelly - means perfectly moisturizes, disinfects, softens the skin. With regular use, petroleum jelly heals cracked heels. Means to use after the foot warming baths;
- fir balm - ideal for deep skin lesions. Balsam is used on clean feet, it is necessary to put it in a small amount into each crack, apply cotton swabs on top and fix a kind of compress with a bandage. The best option would be to use this method at night;
- oil and balm "Sixtummed" - treatment is carried out in 2 stages. First, you need to soften the skin of the legs with the help of a bath consisting of Sixtummed oil and a few drops of almond oil. After that SixstuMed balsam is applied on the softened legs, you should wear cotton socks on top and leave the preparation on the skin for a whole night.
Effectively, the treatment of the disease can be carried out and popular recipes.
- Paraffin compress. It is necessary to melt the amount of paraffin in the water bath, cool the drug slightly and apply it on the diseased limbs. Wear socks on top and leave a compress for the whole night.
- Honey wraps. Heat the honey to a semi-liquid state, lubricate the entire surface of the heels with it, then wrap the legs with a plastic bag and warm it with a sock. Means to keep on his feet for at least a couple of hours.
- Oil rubbing. For cracks, apricot, olive, and almond oils have a great effect. Apply a small amount of the necessary oil on the feet and gently massage the aching feet.
- Egg mask. Make a mixture of 1 raw egg and 100 gr. olive oil. The resulting mixture to smear sore feet, wrap cellophane package, warm using a terry sock and leave this mask for several hours.
- Starch bath. Take 2 basins, one should be cool water, and the other - warm water mixed with potato starch. Alternately lower diseased feet into warm and cool water.
- For the treatment of painful cracks on the heels, special pedicure socks for skin lesions are widely used. The release of therapeutic socks engaged Japanese company SOSU. Their use is quite simple: it is necessary to wear socks on sick feet for a couple of hours a day, but a positive effect can be observed after a few days.
- observe thorough hygiene of the lower bodies; after washing the feet, use moisturizers and ointments with preventive actions (petroleum jelly, essential oils);
- conduct daily inspection of the foot for the presence of the slightest skin damage;
- use only high-quality and comfortable shoes made from natural materials;
- avoid the appearance of corns, as well as corns;
- use the recommended amount of water every day (for diabetics, such a volume is at least 2.5 liters per day);
- monitor the intake of the necessary fortified and mineral substances in the human body with food.
In diabetes, problematic heel cracks are a common problem, but it can be avoided if you follow the necessary preventive requirements and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Choose and make an appointment with a doctor right now: